There are many ways to become a student in Australia, but the Student Visa 500 is one of the most popular because it allows you to stay in the country for up to 5 years and work simultaneously. This visa requires that you have an Australian sponsor who will provide you with all the necessary support, from picking you up at the airport to helping you find your place to live once you arrive.
Student visa Australia requirements student Visa 500
To be eligible for a Student visa (subclass 500), you must:
- Be enrolled in an educational institution that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- Have been accepted to study full-time in a course that leads to a nationally recognized qualification
- Be at least six years old.
- Have adequate health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia
- Meet the English language requirements (unless applying for certain exemptions)
- Not have any criminal convictions.
- Show evidence of sufficient funds for living expenses, including tuition fees and other costs associated with studying. Funds can include cash, travellers’ checks, bank drafts or cheques payable in Australian dollars. Alternatively, applicants may present a letter from their bank stating that they hold enough funds to cover their cost of living for the first year.
- Hold a passport valid for travel to Australia; and
- Obtain a student visa subclass 500 (if applicable).
List of Required Documents
To apply for a Student Visa Australia Subclass 500, you will need the following documents:
- A valid passport
- An Australian student visa application form
- Proof of enrollment in an eligible course of study
- Evidence of financial capacity to support your stay in Australia
- Health and character requirements as well as eligibility criteria.
- Applicants should also be aware that some courses may require additional documentation, such as evidence of competence in the English language. Furthermore, students with dependents (spouse or children) must provide proof of adequate funds for their dependents.
- You will also need to provide proof of sufficient funds for living expenses while studying in Australia, including accommodation, food and living costs. If you have dependents, they must meet the exact requirement too.
- Finally, all applicants must undergo a medical examination to ensure they are not carrying any diseases which could harm Australians.
Applying For Your Visa
The first step is to ensure you meet all the basic requirements for a student visa. You must have been accepted into an educational institution, have enough money to support yourself during your studies, and have health insurance. Next, you must fill out an application form and submit it with any required documentation.
Once your application has been processed, you will be issued a student visa. It can take four to three months to process an application, so make sure you apply early! The processing time for a Student Visa Australia Subclass 500 is between 4 and 6 weeks. However, if you are using from outside of Australia, additional time for your application to be processed is essential to factor in consulting education and immigration consultants.