On the 5th of November, the whole of Britain will take part in celebrating one of the biggest fireworks-related events. Which in turn means that is one of the busiest times of the year for us here at Showtime Fireworks.
But what is Bonfire night and why do we celebrate it? We have the answer to all of those questions in this blog as well as the best ways to have the Bonfire Night fireworks display of your dreams.
What is Bonfire Night?
Bonfire Night also known as Guy Fawkes Night, Guy Fawkes Day, and Fireworks Night is an annual commemoration observed on the 5th of November, primarily in Great Britain, which involves bonfires and fireworks displays.
Why do we celebrate Bonfire Night?
The national holiday is celebrated with fireworks and bonfires and commemorates the failed Gunpowder Plot of 1605. It is observed in the United Kingdom every year on the 5th of November which marks the date of the failed assassination attempt from over 400 years ago. The Gunpowder Plot conspirators were zealous Roman Catholics who were enraged at King James I for refusing to grant greater religious tolerance to Catholics so they took matters into their own hands to get their voices heard.
How do we celebrate Bonfire Night?
In general, Bonfire Night sees participants enjoying a range of activities to celebrate and remember the historic date. Some people choose to parade around in period-inspired costumes to watch and enjoy the fireworks. Others are content with just lighting some sparklers, watching the fireworks display from afar and taking part in lighting some flaming torches.
Some towns may even have parade floats showcasing figures from history and some are inspired by current events to tie in with the history of the holiday. The event is known for having a large bonfire that people gather around where they can then watch the impressive fireworks display that is often at the end of the night’s celebrations.
How to have the best Bonfire Night fireworks display
As we specialise in spectacular fireworks displays we are able to offer our expert opinion on just how you are able to have the best night possible.
First things first you need to plan your night accordingly. Preparation is key after all and will make all the difference when it comes to the big night. That is why you definitely should not leave anything to the last minute. Organising your celebrations is crucial so that everything runs smoothly and without a hitch. Therefore you need to consider the following elements: timing, guests, food and drink, decorations and most importantly the fireworks.
We can tell you with confidence that the latter part of the year is always the busiest for fireworks suppliers. So in order to make sure you are able to get the fireworks you want, you need to get in there quick and not leave anything to chance. Make a list of all the products you want and need check if our store has them all in stock and buy them all well in advance. This will ensure that everything will be ready in time so that you do not stress and can enjoy the celebrations.
Before the big night comes around you need to ensure that you have everything you may need. This could simply be making a checklist of everything you want and need for the occasion or brushing up on the safety guidelines for the use of fireworks. Whatever you need to prepare for in order to have the most amazing Bonfire Night fireworks display, being organised is key to achieving it.
Safety is always at the heart of what we do
As one of the top leading suppliers of fireworks, we understand how important safety is when handling all fireworks and related products.
As long as you remember to be safe when celebrating you will be able to have an amazing night. Fireworks are dangerous objects when handled incorrectly but as long as you make sure you are following the proper guidelines for each and every single one you handle you will be fine. Some key things to remember when handling fireworks are:
- Having somewhere to safely store your fireworks away from heat and somewhere where they cannot get damp such as a closed, fireproof bo
- You should only take fireworks out one at a time and close the box immediately after you remove them
- Only one person should be in charge of the fireworks and if you are the one lighting them, do not drink. We understand that it is a celebration but for your own safety and others, it is better to be sober when lighting explosives
- If you are planning a Bonfire Night fireworks display then we would recommend letting your neighbours know in advance especially if they have pets or small children.
- Always hold sparklers with a gloved hand and when you are done with them, put them in a bucket of cold water hot end first. Alternatively, if you have very young children you can stick them in something sturdy, light them and watch them from a distance.
- You should never keep fireworks in your pockets and you should never throw them as they are classed as explosives and could go off if provoked
- It may go without saying but you should never give fireworks to children. There is a reason why there is an age restriction of 18 years old and it is in everyone’s best interest to follow it
- You should always carefully read and comply with the safety instructions on each and every firework before using them to ensure maximum safety for everyone in the vicinity
- Remember to always light fireworks at arm’s length and stand well back after lighting them. If a lit firework has failed to fire do not go back to it unless you are 100% certain it will not go off. (if you can do so from a safe distance drown or submerge the firework in water to render it non-explosive. This make take several hours)
- You need to make sure that there is a safe distance between the fireworks and those watching. The NFPA 1123 guidelines state that there should be 70 feet of safety distance per inch diameter of the shell, with a minimum of 210 feet.
Why you should choose us for your fireworks
We are proud to say that we have over 20 years of experience here at Showtime Fireworks supplying only the top brands to our customers. This ensures that everyone that buys products from us will have the most extravagant fireworks displays. Our best selling point is that we offer free local delivery for our customers who meet that criteria. This is also a reason why we are one of the top suppliers of fireworks in the London area.
Here at Showtime fireworks, we have a wide range of fireworks for sale in UK in our online shop including the award-winning 2022 ‘Brand of the Year’: Vivid Pyrotechnics. The range we are proud to offer is full of only the UK’s leading brands including Klasek Pyrotechnics (Dum Bum), Celtic Fireworks, Hallmark Fireworks, Cube, Jonathans, Firework King, Brothers, Black cat and many many more.
With such a diverse selection of fireworks, why would you consider buying from anywhere else? The Showtime Fireworks online shop includes the likes of rockets, fountains, cakes, barrages, firework king, sparklers and much more. All of these are certified and available for easy ordering with convenient delivery, so you will no doubt be able to find something for your celebration.
Did you know that our company supplies and delivers fireworks shop to London and its surrounding areas all year round? Well, now you do!
It is something that we take great pride in as that means our wide range of high-quality fireworks can be sold to more of our customers who live all over the place. By being able to sell to them we are able to help more and more people have a night to remember. So no matter what special occasion you need fireworks for whether that is a wedding or birthday, a certain holiday such as Bonfire Night, Diwali, Eid, Chinese New Year or New Year’s Eve, we want to be the ones to give you the ammunition to make it the most amazing Bonfire Night fireworks display.
Do not forget to plan and prepare for the date by making sure you order with us well in advance. That way we can make sure that you have everything ready for the big celebration and that there will be no stress for you as everything will be taken care of. So why wait? Add some sparkle to your next event with these fireworks from our online shop!
If you choose to buy from us we will make sure that you have the best Bonfire Night fireworks display. So, if you have any more questions about anything we have mentioned in this blog, you can contact us via our website. Alternatively, if you would like to read more blogs from us you can find them all here.